Chronotopia: Haga and Korsvägen
Seven artists participated in the second international competition for one of Gothenburg’s largest construction projects ever – the West Link. During the autumn of 2017, two winners were appointed for the artistic intervention in two stations: Goldin+Senneby for station Korsvägen and Huang Yong Ping for station Haga.
These are the winners appointed for the artistic intervention at stations Haga and Korsvägen
Huang Yong Ping and Goldin+Senneby have won the competition for stations Haga och Korsvägen.
> Read about the proposal Eternal Employment by Goldin+Senneby
> Read about the proposal Rainbow Snake by Huang Yong Ping
Becoming part of the oral history of Gothenburg
The jury considers that this innovative proposal broadens the field of artistic interventions in the public sphere. It is a well-thought artwork whose potential unfolds mostly in the minds of the audience. It offers unexpected possibilities and actively contributes to configure the future and the history of Korsvägen, becoming part of the oral history of Gothenburg.
> Read the complete jury assessment for the winning proposal Eternal Employment
A spectacular presentation with profound significance
The jury considers that the proposal combines a spectacular presentation with profound significance, grasping the overall site and, from the ground level, offering a hint of the spaces that lie below. The artist has thus seized the exceptional opportunity offered by the competition to significantly affect the configuration of the station premises with a strong artistic vision.
> Read the complete jury assessment for the winning proposal Rainbow Snake
- Magdalena Malm, Director, Public Art Agency Sweden (chair)
- Dennis Axelsson, Development Manager for Heritage and Cultural Planning, Göteborgs Stads kulturförvaltning
- Magnus Eriksson, Sub-Project Manager, Station Korsvägen, Swedish Transport Administration
- Annika von Hausswolff, Artist
- Richard Julin, Artistic Director, Accelerator (Stockholm University)
- Bo Larsson, Project Director, project West Link and Olskroken, Swedish Transport Administration
- Johny Lindeberg, architect SAR/MSA, responsible for design Swedish Transport Administration project, West Link and Olskroken
- Karin Malmquist, Sub-Project Manager, Station Haga, Swedish Transport Administration
- Lotta Mossum, Curator, Public Art Agency Sweden
- Andreas Roth, Project co-ordinator, Göteborg konst
- Richard Sangwill, Director, The Department of Public Art in Region Västra Götaland
Confidentiality is important!
Up until the competition is decided and a contract signed with the artists who are to implement the artistic designs for Chronotopia: Centralen and Olskroken, details of who has submitted notifications of interest and who has participated in the competition are to be kept secret from everyone but the organizers and the jury. The reason for this is that the LUF stipulates that confidentiality and anonymity of bids are to apply until the competition is concluded. If a participant in the competition breaches anonymity, this can lead to being disqualified. NB! You should also not inform anyone else that you have submitted a notification of interest, nor if you have been selected to participate in the competition.